Wednesday, June 26, 2013

The Graphic Canon, Volume III

So! The Graphic Canon, Vol. III, is finally available after an impatient wait through the first two volumes. This series consists of contemporary comic artists reinterpreting classic literature, and I had the honor of tackling an extremely rare William Faulkner short, "The Hill." Since it is so hard to find, the editor, Russ Kick, and I wanted to include the prose in its entirety.  I ended up doing so by breaking down the story into nine segments-- one passage per page.  Within that prose, I would pull out the phrase I found to be the most evocative and illustrate that specific passage. An example can be found below.

Grab it locally if you can, but if not, you can find this bad boy on Amazon here.





OhyeahanddidImentionImsharingpageswithRobertCrumb?

No comments:

Post a Comment